GTA 5 Cheats For Xbox
To enable GTA 5 cheats on all Xbox platforms - the Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, or Xbox 360 - all you need is the right button sequence, or you can use the in-game smartphone feature (Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S only).
Our guide below shows you the steps for both ways, and soon you'll be activating unlimited health, spawning vehicles, accessing all the weapons, and other power-ups.
Whether you're playing as Michael, Trevor, or Franklin, all the cheats will work. And, if you wish to see a preview of a cheat being utilized in real gameplay, simply click on its title.
For a walkthrough, check out the tutorial video right below. Alternatively, you can jump straight to the full list of all cheat codes further down the page.
Xbox GTA 5 Cheats Demo Video
How-to Use the Cheats
Create A New Save:
Before using any GTA 5 cheats on your Xbox you should save your game. This is because the use of cheat codes automatically stops you from earning any Achievements until either the game or your console is restarted.
Select Your Cheat:
Rockstar Games has included a wide variety of cheats in GTA 5, covering a number of categories. Select the one you want to use from our list.
Pick A Method:
Grand Theft Auto 5 cheats on the Xbox One and the Xbox Series X/S can be entered using either the digital pad and buttons on your controller or via the in-game cell phone. If you are playing on Xbox 360 you can only use your controller.
Press The Correct Buttons:
We recommend using the button combination method as it is often faster. So, during gameplay, quickly press the buttons that correspond to the cheat you want to use from our list below.
Cheat Entry Successful:
Having followed this guide and entered the cheat code combination correctly, you should see a notification that the cheat code is now active.
No money cheat - There is no cheat or code that will grant you instant money in GTA 5 or GTA Online. There is no spawn tank cheat either.
GTA 5 Cheats Xbox Series X|S / Xbox One / Xbox 360
These are all the cheats for GTA 5 on the Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and Xbox 360 consoles:
Drunk Mode: Y, RIGHT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, X, B, LEFT
Warning: do not attempt to operate heavy machinery.
Fast Run: Y, LEFT, RIGHT, RIGHT, LT, LB, X
Increases your maximum sprint speed.
Fast Swim: LEFT, LEFT, LB, RIGHT, RIGHT, RT, LEFT, LT, RIGHT
Increases your maximum swimming speed.
Recharge Ability: A, A, X, RB, LB, A, RIGHT, LEFT, A
Recharges the special ability of your character.
Skyfall: LB, LT, RB, RT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, LB, LT, RB, RT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT
Spawns you mid-air for a skydiving free fall... and no way to use a parachute!
Super Jump: LEFT, LEFT, Y, Y, RIGHT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, X, RB, RT
Leap tall buildings in a single bound. Hold X (jump) for higher jumps.
Explosive Ammo Rounds: RIGHT, X, A, LEFT, RB, RT, LEFT, RIGHT, RIGHT, LB, LB, LB
Also known as "Bang Bang."
Explosive Melee Attacks: RIGHT, LEFT, A, Y, RB, B, B, B, LT
Your punches and kicks are literally explosive.
Flaming Bullets: LB, RB, X, RB, LEFT, RT, RB, LEFT, X, RIGHT, LB, LB
Your bullets will set things on fire upon impact.
Lower Wanted Level: RB, RB, B, RT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT
Takes one star off of your wanted level.
Raise Wanted Level: RB, RB, B, RT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT
Adds one star to your wanted level.
Invincibility / God Mode: RIGHT, A, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, RB, RIGHT, LEFT, A, Y
Makes you invulnerable. Only works for 5 minutes before you need to re-enter the code again to keep it active.
Max Health & Armor: B, LB, Y, RT, A, X, B, RIGHT, X, LB, LB, LB
Increases your health and armor back to full.
Slow Motion Aim: X, LT, RB, Y, LEFT, X, LT, RIGHT, A
Gives you a lot more time to aim. Enter 4x for increased effect, the fifth time disables cheat.
Parachute: LEFT, RIGHT, LB, LT, RB, RT, RT, LEFT, LEFT, RIGHT, LB
Gives you a parachute. Equip and press A to use it.
Weapons / Guns: Y, RT, LEFT, LB, A, RIGHT, Y, Down, X, LB, LB, LB
Gives you all the weapons along with ammo.
Change Weather: RT, A, LB, LB, LT, LT, LT, X
Rotates through sunny, clear, cloudy, smoggy, overcast, rainy, thundery, clearing and snowing weather.
Director Mode: Dial 1-999-57-825368 (JR TALENT) *Xbox Series X|S & Xbox One only
Moon Gravity: LEFT, LEFT, LB, RB, LB, RIGHT, LEFT, LB, LEFT
Enter a vehicle after activating this cheat to experience less gravity. Press B after jumping to float downwards.
Slippery Cars: Y, RB, RB, LEFT, RB, LB, RT, LB
Also known as drifting and/or slidey cars.
Slow Motion: Y, LEFT, RIGHT, RIGHT, X, RT, RB
Enables you to slow down gameplay. Enter 3x for increased effect, the fourth time disables the cheat.
Spawn BMX: LEFT, LEFT, RIGHT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, X, B, Y, RB, RT
Spawns you a good old BMX bicycle.
Spawn Buzzard Helicopter: B, B, LB, B, B, B, LB, LT, RB, Y, B, Y
Spawns the Buzzard small attack helicopter (armed with weapons).
Spawn Caddy: B, LB, LEFT, RB, LT, A, RB, LB, B, A
Spawns you the "Caddy" golf cart.
Spawn Comet: RB, B, RT, RIGHT, LB, LT, A, A, X, RB
Spawns the Comet, a two door sports car.
Spawn Duster: RIGHT, LEFT, RB, RB, RB, LEFT, Y, Y, A, B, LB, LB
Spawns the crop duster plane.
Spawn Limo: RT, RIGHT, LT, LEFT, LEFT, RB, LB, B, RIGHT
Spawns your very own stretch limousine.
Spawn PCJ-600: RB, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, RT, LEFT, RIGHT, X, RIGHT, LT, LB, LB
Spawns the PCJ-600 sports motorbike.
Spawn Rapid GT: RT, LB, B, RIGHT, LB, RB, RIGHT, LEFT, B, RT
Spawns you the Rapid GT, another two door sports car.
Spawn Sanchez: B, A, LB, B, B, LB, B, RB, RT, LT, LB, LB
Spawns the Sanchez, which is a dual-sport (dirt) bike.
Spawn Stunt Plane: B, RIGHT, LB, LT, LEFT, RB, LB, LB, LEFT, LEFT, A, Y
Spawns a fixed-wing stunt plane.
Spawn Trashmaster: B, RB, B, RB, LEFT, LEFT, RB, LB, B, RIGHT
Spawns the Trashmaster garbage truck.
Special Vehicles Cheats*Xbox Series X|S & Xbox One only
Deactivating GTA 5 Cheats on Xbox
If you want to deactivate or switch off an activated cheat, just re-enter the cheat code or button combination for it once more. For cheats with multiple effects, such as the weather cheat or slow-motion aim, you may need to input the code a few more times to cycle through the different effects until you reach the one that turns off the cheat.
Pointers for Using GTA 5 cheats on Xbox
- Before you go about using any cheats, save your game progress. When you're done having fun with cheats, reload from this saved game.
- Heads up, no Achievements can be earned if cheats have been active in your current game session. If you want to earn Achievements again, reload from your last "clean" save, the one before you started cheat-mode.
- Even with cheats enabled in your current session, you can finish missions. But remember, no Achievements will be awarded.
- Some cheats like spawning vehicles, weather manipulation, and weapons will work in missions. But others, like invincibility, won't work and you'll see this message: "Cheat denied: Not available on a mission or pastime."
- Beware, if you start a mission with invincibility on, it will be switched off automatically.
- If a cheat isn't working, like spawning something, try moving into a larger space for mire room. This prevents the object you want to spawn from getting wrecked or stuck.
- Hit the button combinations on your controller fast. If you're too slow, the game won't register the cheat code.
- Before you enter a cheat code, ensure you're in a safe spot (away from bad guys and traffic) and you know the button sequence in your head.
- Some cheats can be toggled on and off with the same code. Others are one-time use only. For instance, invincibility only lasts for five minutes and you'll need to enter the code again once the effect wears off.
- While cheats that decrease your wanted level can help shake off the cops, repeatedly lowering your wanted level can make the game less challenging and less fun.
- Also, the weapons cheat might steal the thrill of finding and unlocking top-end weapons in GTA 5 yourself.
In-game Cheat Situations for Xbox
There are some GTA 5 cheat codes that work best for specific in-game situations. We've compiled a list of common in-game scenarios where you might need a helping hand and which cheat code could be most useful.
- Besieged by enemies: If you're cornered by a bunch of baddies and your health is running low, first activate the Invincibility cheat and then the Max Health and Armor cheat to give you enough buffer to take them down.
- Fleeing from the cops: Trying to shake off a high wanted level? The Lower Wanted Level cheat is your best bet to vanish swiftly from the police radar. Underwater adventures: Fancy exploring the depths of Los Santos' waters? The Fast Swim cheat will make you a speedy swimmer, enabling you to get where you need to go in the water.
- Leaping from towering structures: If you're about to jump from a tall building or another high location, activate the Give Parachute cheat. This will equip you with a parachute, ensuring a safe landing.
- Aerial exploration: If you're keen to tour the Los Santos skies, use the Spawn Buzzard Attack Helicopter cheat.
Advantages of Using Cheats on Xbox
Here are some good reasons to consider using cheat codes in Grand Theft Auto 5's solo mode.
- Relief from stress: Cheats can simplify tough situations in GTA 5, lowering frustration levels. It can also be quite enjoyable to wreak havoc without consequences! The explosive ammo cheat is a popular pick for this.
- Unleashing creativity: Cheats let you tweak game elements and construct unique scenarios. Go a step further and record your gameplay, sharing it on platforms like Youtube or Twitch.
- Accessibility: Cheats can make GTA 5 more approachable for players who might find certain aspects challenging. The invincibility cheat is a prime example.
- Enhanced replayability: Cheats can boost the replay value of Grand Theft Auto 5. Once you've beaten it cheat-free, return to it with cheat codes for a different gameplay experience.
- Discovery and exploration: Cheats can help you access areas that are generally off-limits or tough to reach. The Super Jump cheat is a case in point, leading you to uncover hidden spots and easter eggs in Los Santos.
- Tackling tough missions: While invincibility doesn't work during missions, other cheats, like the weapons cheat, do. If you're stuck on a particular mission, extra firepower or even the Buzzard could help you pass it much more easily. Just bear in mind that Achievements are off-limits once you use a cheat!
Potential Downsides to Using Cheats
The downsides to using cheats in GTA are minimal, provided you always remember to save your game beforehand, and that you go back to that "clean" save once you're finished using cheats.
Remember, if you use cheats to pass missions, you won't bag the usual Achievements for progressing through the game. Those are only available when playing on a "clean" save file.
Also, using cheats to breeze through the game can make it excessively easy, detracting from the sense of achievement that accompanies beating it on your own.
Keep in mind that GTA 5 offers a fantastic story featuring multiple characters that will keep you captivated until the end. It's also fairly "finishable" for most gamers. Sure, you might have to replay some missions more than once, but the challenge is what makes it enjoyable. GTA 5 isn't a Soulslike game and Rockstar has achieved a great balance between difficulty, fun, and accomplishment.