- This complete guide will teach you how to activate and use all GTA 5 cheat codes on PS4, PS3 and PS5 consoles.
- We've got everything from invincibility to spawning vehicles to changing gravity.
- Feel free to skip the guide and go straight to the cheats!
- The Xbox version of this GTA 5 cheats list is here and the PC version here.
GTA 5 Cheats Overview
GTA 5 cheats are used to activate special abilities and features within Grand Theft Auto 5. They can be activated on various platforms using button combinations or the in-game cell phone.
Our guide will show you both methods and you'll be unlocking invincibility, vehicles, weapons and other power-ups in no time.
The cheats work with any character: either Michael, Trevor or Franklin, and if you'd like to view a demo video of a cheat in action simply click on its name.
A longer form tutorial video is embedded directly above, and you'll find a written list of all the cheat codes further down, here.
How-to Enter the Cheats
Save Your Game:
Using these GTA 5 cheats will disable Trophies for your gaming session and you'll need to reload your last "clean" saved game (or reset your console) in order to bring them back. For this reason you should always save your progress before using any cheat code.
Choose Your Cheat:
Select the cheat that you want to activate by choosing it from our list below. We have all the ones included by Rockstar Games, so you're certain to find the one you want.
Decide On Your Method:
You can enter Grand Theft Auto 5 cheats using either the digital pad (d-pad) and buttons on your controller or by using the in-game cell phone (on the PS4 and PS5 only).
Enter The Button Combo:
Assuming you have selected the button combination method, press the buttons quickly in the correct order during gameplay (not while in the pause menu).
Cheat Code Active:
If you entered the button combo correctly you should see an on-screen message that the cheat code is now active. If not, try following the steps above again.
No money cheat exists in either GTA 5 or GTA Online.
All GTA 5 Cheats PS5 / PS4 / PS3
The full GTA 5 cheats list for PS5, PS4 and PS3 is below:
Invincibility / God Mode: RIGHT, X, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, R1, RIGHT, LEFT, X, TRIANGLE
Makes your character invincible, but be aware it only lasts for five minutes and then you need to re-enter the code.
Lower Wanted Level: R1, R1, CIRCLE, R2, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT
Use to lower your character's wanted level by one star.
Raise Wanted Level: R1, R1, CIRCLE, R2, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT
Use to increase your character's wanted level by one star.
Drunk Mode: TRIANGLE, RIGHT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, SQUARE, CIRCLE, LEFT
Makes you severely intoxicated, with predictable consequences should you try and drive!
Fast Run: TRIANGLE, LEFT, RIGHT, RIGHT, L2, L1, SQUARE
Increases your character's running speed.
Fast Swim: LEFT, LEFT, L1, RIGHT, RIGHT, R2, LEFT, L2, RIGHT
Makes your character swim faster.
Recharge Special Ability: X, X, SQUARE, R1, L1, X, RIGHT, LEFT, X
Instantly recharges the special ability of your character to full.
Skyfall: L1, L2, R1, R2, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, L1, L2, R1, R2, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT
Let's just say that the name is very accurate (and you won't be able to use a parachute).
Super Jump: LEFT, LEFT, TRIANGLE, TRIANGLE, RIGHT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, SQUARE, R1, R2
Leap tall buildings in a single bound! Hold the button to jump even higher.
Explosive Ammo Rounds: RIGHT, SQUARE, X, LEFT, R1, R2, LEFT, RIGHT, RIGHT, L1, L1, L1
Rounds fired from your weapon will explode on impact.
Explosive Melee Attacks: RIGHT, LEFT, X, TRIANGLE, R1, CIRCLE, CIRCLE, CIRCLE, L2
Melee attacks by your character will also have an explosive effect on the target.
Flaming Bullets: L1, R1, SQUARE, R1, LEFT, R2, R1, LEFT, SQUARE, RIGHT, L1, L1
Rounds fired from your character's weapon will set the target on fire upon impact.
Max Health & Armor: CIRCLE, L1, TRIANGLE, R2, X, SQUARE, CIRCLE, RIGHT, SQUARE, L1, L1, L1
Gives your character full health and armor.
Slow Motion Aim: SQUARE, L2, R1, TRIANGLE, LEFT, SQUARE, L2, RIGHT, X
When you aim your character's weapon, it will be in slow motion. Enter 4x for increased effect, a 5th time will disable it.
Parachute: LEFT, RIGHT, L1, L2, R1, R2, R2, LEFT, LEFT, RIGHT, L1
Equips your character with a parachute.
Weapons / Guns: TRIANGLE, R2, LEFT, L1, X, RIGHT, TRIANGLE, DOWN, SQUARE, L1, L1, L1
Gives your character all the weapons available, along with full ammo.
Change Weather: R2, X, L1, L1, L2, L2, L2, SQUARE
Cycles through various in-game weather: sunny, clear, cloudy, smoggy, overcast, rainy, thundery, clearing and snowing.
Moon Gravity: LEFT, LEFT, L1, R1, L1, RIGHT, LEFT, L1, LEFT
Drive vehicles with lessened gravity, you can also press CIRCLE after jumping to float down.
Slippery Cars: TRIANGLE, R1, R1, LEFT, R1, L1, R2, L1
Cars will drift easily and slide around.
Slow Motion: TRIANGLE, LEFT, RIGHT, RIGHT, SQUARE, R2, R1
Slows down the speed of the entire game. Enter 3x for increased effect, the 4th time will disable it.
Spawn BMX: LEFT, LEFT, RIGHT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, SQUARE, CIRCLE, TRIANGLE, R1, R2
Spawns a trusty BMX bicycle.
Spawn Buzzard Helicopter: CIRCLE, CIRCLE, L1, CIRCLE, CIRCLE, CIRCLE, L1, L2, R1, TRIANGLE, CIRCLE, TRIANGLE
Spawn the Buzzard attack helicopter (with missiles of course).
Spawn Caddy: CIRCLE, L1, LEFT, R1, L2, X, R1, L1, CIRCLE, X
Spawns a golf cart (not a Cadillac).
Spawn Comet: R1, CIRCLE, R2, RIGHT, L1, L2, X, X, SQUARE, R1
Spawns the Comet two-door sports car.
Spawn Duster: RIGHT, LEFT, R1, R1, R1, LEFT, TRIANGLE, TRIANGLE, X, CIRCLE, L1, L1
Spawns crop duster plane.
Spawn Limo: R2, RIGHT, L2, LEFT, LEFT, R1, L1, CIRCLE, RIGHT
Spawns a stretch limousine.
Spawn PCJ-600: R1, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, R2, LEFT, RIGHT, SQUARE, RIGHT, L2, L1, L1
Spawns a PCJ-600 sports motorcycle.
Spawn Rapid GT: R2, L1, CIRCLE, RIGHT, L1, R1, RIGHT, LEFT, CIRCLE, R2
Spawns the Rapid GT two-door sports car.
Spawn Sanchez: CIRCLE, X, L1, CIRCLE, CIRCLE, L1, CIRCLE, R1, R2, L2, L1, L1
Spawns a Sanchez dirt bike.
Spawn Stunt Plane: CIRCLE, RIGHT, L1, L2, LEFT, R1, L1, L1, LEFT, LEFT, X, TRIANGLE
Spawns a fixed wing stunt plane.
Spawn Trashmaster: CIRCLE, R1, CIRCLE, R1, LEFT, LEFT, R1, L1, CIRCLE, RIGHT
Spawns a Trashmaster garbage truck.
Special Cheats*PS5 & PS4 only
Spawn Kraken Sub: Dial 1-999-282-2537 (BUBBLES)
Spawns a Kraken submarine. You must unlock the sub first by completing the "Wildlife Photography Challenge" [more info]. Note, there is no other boat spawn cheat available in the game.
How-to Disable GTA 5 Cheats
To disable or turn off a cheat that you have activated, simply enter the cheat code / button combo for it again. For cheats that have progressive effects (like the weather cheat or slow motion aim), you might need to enter the code again multiple times to cycle through all the different effects until you get to the one that disables the cheat.
Tips for Using GTA 5 cheats
- Save your game progress before you before use any cheats and make sure you load that same saved game up when you are finished using cheats.
- You can't earn Achievements or Trophies if cheats have been active in your current session.
- To earn Achievements or Trophies again, you need to load up your last "clean" saved game, the one you made before you started using cheats.
- You can complete missions if you have used cheats in your current session, but as noted above, you will not be able to earn Trophies.
- Several cheats, such as the invincibility cheat, will not work during missions. Instead, you will get the following message you when try and activate them: "Cheat denied: Not available on a mission or pastime." Check the full list of cheats that won't work in missions. Plus, if start a mission with those cheats already active, they will be deactivated automatically.
- The above tips regarding cheats and missions apply equally to when you are doing pastimes as well.
- If something isn't spawning for you when you enter the cheat, try moving into a bigger space, so that it has more room to spawn. This also helps you avoid accidentally destroying the vehicle or getting it stuck in an inaccessible area.
- Press the button combinations quickly. If you aren't fast enough, the game won't recognize the cheat code.
- Make sure you're in a safe location in the game (away from enemies and vehicle traffic) and have a clear understanding of the required button sequence before entering a cheat code.
- Some cheats can be toggled on and off by entering the same code again, while others are one-time-use only. For example, the invincibility cheat only lasts for five minutes and you'll need to re-enter the code once the effect wears off.
- Cheats that affect your wanted level can be useful for escaping the police, but be aware that repeatedly lowering your wanted level whenever it gets too high will likely make the game much less challenging and enjoyable.
- Similarly, using the weapons cheat can take the fun out of finding and unlocking some of the high-end weapons available in GTA 5 yourself.
In-game Cheat Scenarios
Some GTA 5 cheat codes are best used in certain in-game situations versus others. In the list below, we've outlined several common scenarios that you might find yourself in, in-game, and what cheat code or codes are likely best suited if you need assistance.
- Surrounded by enemies: When you are surrounded by a large group of enemies and are low on health, first use the Invincibility cheat (RIGHT, X, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, R1, RIGHT, LEFT, X, TRIANGLE) and then the Max Health and Armor cheat (CIRCLE, L1, TRIANGLE, R2, X, SQUARE, CIRCLE, RIGHT, SQUARE, L1, L1, L1) to help you survive long enough to eliminate them.
- Escaping police pursuit: When trying to lose a high wanted level, use the Lower Wanted Level cheat (R1, R1, CIRCLE, R2, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT) to instantly reduce your wanted level, allowing you to escape more easily.
- Exploring underwater: To explore the game's many underwater areas, use the Fast Swim cheat (LEFT, LEFT, L1, RIGHT, RIGHT, R2, LEFT, L2, RIGHT) to swim faster and cover more ground underwater.
- Jump from a tall building: When you plan to jump off a tall building or other structure, activate the Give Parachute cheat (LEFT, RIGHT, L1, L2, R1, R2, R2, LEFT, LEFT, RIGHT, L1) to give yourself a parachute and a way to land safely.
- Exploring the skies: To explore the skies of Los Santos, use the Spawn Buzzard Attack Helicopter cheat (CIRCLE, CIRCLE, L1, CIRCLE, CIRCLE, CIRCLE, L1, L2, R1, TRIANGLE, CIRCLE, TRIANGLE) to instantly spawn a helicopter.
- Spawning vehicles: If you are stuck without a vehicle, a long way from any road, then simply spawning a vehicle can help get you back to where you need to be! Similarly, spawning a car instead of jacking a vehicle will help you avoid getting a wanted level.
Benefits of Using Cheats
Here's a quick list of reasons why using cheat codes in Grand Theft Auto 5's single player mode can be beneficial.
- Stress relief: Cheats can make difficult situations in GTA 5 easier, providing relief from frustration. It can just be fun to run around causing chaos! The explosive ammo cheat is a personal favorite of mine for this reason.
- Creative expression: Cheats can let you express your creativity by modifying game elements and creating unique scenarios. You can even go the extra mile and record and upload your gameplay to services like Youtube or Twitch.
- Accessibility: Cheats can make GTA 5 more accessible to players who may struggle with certain aspects of it. The invincibility cheat is a perfect example.
- Replay value: Cheats can increase the replay value Grand Theft Auto 5, as once you've beaten it without cheats, you can return to it anytime and have a completely different gameplay experience by using cheat codes.
- Exploration: Cheats can allow you to access areas that might otherwise be off-limits or very difficult to reach. Like by using the Super Jump cheat, for example. This can lead to discovering hidden gems and easter eggs in Los Santos.
- Difficult missions: Cheats like invincibility do not work during missions, but others, like the weapons cheat, do. If you are having difficulty with a particular mission, giving yourself some additional firepower, or even the Buzzard for example, could help you pass the mission much more easily. Just remember that Trophies and Achievements are blocked once you use a cheat!
Drawbacks to Using Cheats
There aren't many drawbacks to using cheats in GTA, provided that you always remember to save your game before doing so, and that you return to that same "clean" save game once you are finished using cheats.
If you do use cheats to pass missions, then just remember that you won't earn any of the usual Trophies or Achievements that you normally would for progressing through the game. Those can only be awarded when you are playing on a "clean" save file.
In addition, using cheats to progress through the game can make it too easy, taking away from the sense of accomplishment that comes when you beat it.
Just remember that GTA 5 has great story featuring multiple characters that will keep you hooked to the end. Also, it's relatively "finishable" for most gamers. Sure, you will inevitably need to repeat some missions more than once, but the challenge is what makes it fun. GTA 5 is certainly not a Soulslike game and Rockstar has struck a great balance between difficulty, enjoyment and accomplishment.