This article primarily covers GTA Online. If you are specifically looking for information about GTA 5 story DLC, we have a FAQ on that topic here.
One of the pillars of GTA Online journalism is speculation about upcoming DLCs. Whenever Rockstar drops an update, it causes some serious waves in both the GTA V community and in the gaming press.
LATEST GTA NEWS CLIPS
Rockstar has been releasing free DLC packs ever since GTA 5 first launched way back in 2013 and sorting through it all for someone who jumped on the bandwagon at a later date (or on a newer platform) might be something of a daunting task.
Well, let us help you! Below, you will find a full and complete list of all GTA Online DLCs & Updates in chronological order from newest to oldest, each of them linking to their respective article providing detailed information. The only place you'll find a more extensive listing of the latest updates is from Rockstar Support ;).
- GTA Online: Los Santos Tuners - A major update bringing a new peaceful car meet location to Cypress Flats, LS Car Meet, featuring a Test Track and a bunch of vendors accessible to players paying for a membership. The Test Track allows players to win a new car each week while trying out upcoming dripfeed vehicle DLC, and membership benefits also include the chance to buy a new Auto Shop property and engage in complext multi-part robbery Contracts. Los Santos Tuners also added 10 new cars to GTA Online.
- GTA Online The Cayo Perico Heist - The biggest update ever to hit GTA Online, The Cayo Perico Heist introduced a new landmass for the very first time, alongside an ambitious new heist with optional setups and a solo mode. Alongside the titular caper, The Music Locker opened beneath the Diamond featuring new resident DJs, a bunch of new vehicles and clothing items were added to the game and players could purchase a refurbished nuclear submarine.
- GTA Online Los Santos Summer Special - Large summer update bringing 15 new vehicles, 6 new co-op missions that can be launched from yachts and a number of expansions to existing activities, including an Open Wheel Race Creator.
- GTA Online Gerald's Last Play - This update added 6 new Contact Missions to the game.
- GTA Online Open Wheel Races - This DLC added Formula 1 style races to the game, including 7 tracks and 2 new vehicles with unique upgrade options.
- GTA Online: The Diamond Casino Heist - Continuing the story of the Diamond Casino, players team up with Lester to rob its vault. A new Arcade business was made available alongside a planning Hideout, as well as 12 vehicles and new side activities. iFruit Radio was added to the game in this DLC.
- GTA Online: Diamond Casino & Resort - The Diamond Casino brought with it plenty of opportunities to lose money, and a few to win some as well. Players could purchase personal penthouses, complete 5 narrative missions and a number of Casino Work missions. 6 vehicles were added to the game.
- GTA Online: Arena War - Arena War came after a long period without DLC primarily due to the release of Red Dead Redemption 2. The update introduced the Maze Bank Arena bringing 7 new game modes, Career progression and 12 new vehicles to the game. These can be upgraded and customized at the Arena Workshop.
- GTA Online: After Hours - After Hours brought the biggest change to the way money is made in GTA Online ever since businesses were introduced by Further Adventures in Finance and Felony. With the consolidated warehouse, businesses turned into sources of passive income. Beyond this, the new nightclub business was added alongside 7 new vehicles. Old fan-favorite characters Gay Tony and Lazlow also made their return.
- GTA Online: Southern San Andreas Super Sport Series - A smaller update adding a new racing mode, Hotring Circuit, with 10 available tracks as well as a large vehicle roster, bringing 13 new rides to GTA Online.
- GTA Online: Festive Surprise 2017 - A return of the festive content seen in the previous holiday DLCs, with snowfall occurring in-game during Christmas and New Year's Eve.
- GTA Online: The Doomsday Heist - GTA Online's biggest DLC ever brought a new heist to the game for the first time since 2015, alongside a huge list of other content. Players can buy new Facilities which, besides unlocking the new missions, would grant access to the Avenger, a flying HQ, strike teams and an orbital cannon. The Doomsday Heist brought end-game content to the game for the first time, one of the biggest vehicle drops, 10 more outfit slots, a new radio station and new achievements.
- GTA Online: Transform Races - Yet another riff on stunt races, this DLC added a new mechanic where driving over certain checkpoints would change your vehicle to one altogether different in a puff of smoke. Players would go from cars to planes to boats across a wide selection of tracks.
- GTA Online: Smuggler's Run - A callback to an older Rockstar IP in name only, Smuggler's Run refocused the game on air superiority by adding a new mission specific property, hangars, as well as several planes and other aerial vehicles. Smuggling missions saw players sourcing contraband items, taking them back to their hangars, then going on sell missions. It was followed by a large about of weekly vehicle releases tied into the theme of the update.
- GTA Online: Gunrunning - 2017's biggest DLC added a whole new world of crime to Southern San Andreas. Players can go full super villain with new Bunker HQs from where they can launch illicit weapon trading missions and research new weapon attachments and upgrades. With the massive Mobile Operations Center and weaponized vehicles, Gunrunning takes the action to the road. New character customization options finally cater to the military enthusiast niche as well.
- GTA Online Cunning Stunts: Special Vehicle Circuit - This follow up to 2016's massively popular Cunning Stunts took the original concept and mixed in some of Import/Export's special vehicles. 20 new tracks were added to the game designed around the abilities of either the Rocket Voltic, The Blazer Aqua or the Ruiner 2000. The tracks were joined by the Progen GP1 classic supercar and the removal of heist-completion requirements for a number of vehicles such as the Hydra and the HVY Insurgent.
- GTA Online Import/Export - Import/Export continued the long-running CEO series of updates, this time returning to the roots of the franchise by once again placing the emphasis on the stealing of vehicles. This new mechanic was joined by mammoth 60-slot garages, a whole lot of vehicles and other content, including a host of unique, "special vehicles" which all had some kind of special ability - or multiple. These included cars with jet-engines strapped to their rear, amphibious buggies and KITT from Knight Rider, among other. That said, the actual import and export missions were the focal point of the DLC and it gave us the newest most lucrative activity in the game, allowing players to make a ton of cash in relatively short amounts of time when done right.
- GTA Online Halloween 2016 - Though it added the all new Sanctus bike, the 2016 Halloween DLC was mostly a retread of last year's Halloween Surprise. At least the Franken Strange and Lurcher went back on sale!
- GTA Online: Deadline - Deadline added the Nagasaki Shotaro to the game, which was a clear homage to Tron, alongside the Deadline Adversary Mode, which is similar to light cycle battles from the same film.
- GTA Online: Bikers - Finally answering the most popular community request, Rockstar added a full fledged biker themed update to the game. Bringing in 13 new bikes, clubhouses, new clothing items, clandestine businesses and much more, Bikers made quite the splash when it launched. What's better, Rockstar has been updating it with small vehicle batches since.
- GTA Online Stunt Race Creator - Originally intended to be part of Cunning Stunts, the Stunt Race Creator was postponed. Released pretty soon after Cunning Stunts, the new update allowed players access to the multitude of new props used by the stunt races via the creator, enabling them to craft their own death-trap-circuits.
- GTA Online: Cunning Stunts - One of the best recieved updates the game has ever been expanded with, Cunning Stunts added the now beloved stunt races, as well as an absolute massive library of vehicles. Cunning Stunts also saw the addition of Premium Races, allowing the best drivers in Los Santos to risk more for a bigger prize.
- GTA Online: Further Adventures In Finance And Felony - A massive update which shook up the standard GTA Online gameplay form that has cemented since Executives was released. Adding the all new crate missions, Finance and Felony gave players a reasonably lucrative alternative to heisting, as well as a slew of new vehicles, clothing and more. Possibly the best addition is the new weapon locker, which somewhat alleviates the game's trouble with the weapon wheel.
- GTA Online Lowriders: Custom Classics - A relatively small DLC update which added three new vehicles to Benny's Original Motorworks, a host of character customization options, two new weapons and the Sumo Adversary Mode.
- GTA Online Be My Valentine DLC - Celebrating Valentine's day, this update brought back the good old Roosvelt as well as an updated version. The DLC also added new clothing options and a new Adversary Mode titled Till Death Do Us Part. The Gusenberg Sweeper also made a return.
- GTA Online Drop Zone January 2016 Update - A minor update, this DLC added two vehicles to Benny's Original Motorworks and a new Adversary Mode.
- GTA Online Festive Surprise 2015 DLC - Celebrating Christmas has become something of a tradition in GTA Online - Fireworks, Snow, a new car and several new customization items.
- GTA Online Executives and Other Criminals - The Executives update is one of the largest ever seen in GTA Online, introducing the deep and layerd VIP and Bodyguard system. Several new weapons and vehicles were also added, along with the end-game Super yachts.
- GTA Online Halloween Surprise DLC - This spooky update added an all new Adversary Mode, two cars, a weapons and new masks.
- GTA Online Lowriders - A large update adding a new contact to GTA Online providing missions as well as Benny's Original Motorworks, a new car shop where you can customize lowrider vehicles. New weapons and clothing items were also introduced.
- GTA Online Freemode Events - A significant update bringing major changes to the underlying mechanics of GTA Online by wiping away job lobbies and loading screens. It also added a massive amount of new event types.
- GTA Online Ill-Gotten Gains Part 1 & Part 2 - An end-game update focusing on expensive new customization items, weapons and vehicles. It is notorious for adding a gold-plated jet which costs 10 million in $GTA .
- GTA Online Heists Update - One of, if not the, largest update GTA Online has seen. Adding a massive amount of vehicles and, more importantly, the difficult but lucrative heist missions to the game.
- GTA Online Festive Surprise DLC - The second Christmas themed update brought snow to Los Santos, as well as a handful of clothes, weapons and vehicles.
- GTA Online Last Team Standing Update - As the name suggests, this update added the LTS game mode to GTA Online alongside two weapons and three vehicles.
- GTA Online San Andreas Flight School Update - This DLC added four new vehicles to the game, as well as flag parachutes and the Flight School missions, allowing players to train as crack pilots.
- GTA Online Independence Day Special DLC - Following the theme of 'MURICA, this update added the Musket weapon, a Monster Truck, a bike, rural safehouses and massive amount of new clothing for a limited time. It was re-introduced in 2015.
- GTA Online I'm Not A Hipster Update - This DLC added two new weapons, a whopping 7 new cars and a dozen new missions. New customization options go without saying.
- GTA Online High Life Update - Another update focusing on luxury and riches, High Life adds a few new vehicles, a new weapon, and a handful of clothes and apartments - as well as new missions with which to earn cash for buying all that.
- GTA Online Business Update - A minor update adding some new vehicles, weapons and customization items with a common formal theme.
- GTA Online Valentine's Day Massacre Special DLC - Going for a retro gangster look, this DLC adds retro clothing, the Roosevelt old timer and the Sweeper, GTA's take on the Tommy Gun.
- GTA Online Holiday Gifts DLC - The first Christmas DLC, adding festive clothes and snow.
- GTA Online Capture Update - This DLC brought the capture game mode to GTA Online.
- GTA Online Content Creator Update - The extremely versatile Content Creator, which allows players to build their own missions in GTA Online, was added alongside a handful of bugfixes in this update.
- GTA Online Beach Bum Update - The first content update to ever grace GTA Online, Beach Bum added several new vehicles, two new weapons, and countless new customization items and jobs to the game.
Now that's a lot of free DLC, so the next time you see some disgruntled player accuse Rockstar of greed, feel free to link them to this page.
We will continue to update it as new DLC is release for GTA Online.