There seems to be a bit of confusion out there around exactly what Grand Theft Auto V on the Xbox One, Playstation 4 and PC will bring, aside from improved graphics etc. So here at GTA BOOM we've taken all the official, confirmed information we could find and prepared this handy GTA 5 Enhanced Edition FAQ for you.
- GTA 5 on the Xbox One and PS4 will launch on November 18, 2014.
- GTA 5 on the PC will launch next year on January 27, 2015.
Other improvements and features
There will be loads of improvements in the next-gen/PC versions of GTA V beyond a simple visual upgrade. Some of things you can officially expect are:
- New weapons
- New vehicles including rare versions of the Dukes, the Dodo Seaplane and the Blimp
- New activities including wildlife photography
- New challenges (eg new shooting range challenges)
- Additional wildlife
- Denser traffic
- Increased GTA Online player count - 30 players
- New foliage system
- Enhanced damage and weather effects
- 100 new additional radio songs and new DJ mixes
- Monkey Mosaics collectibles which reward players with a unique vehicle
- Murder Mystery single-player mission
- Wildlife Photography activity for Franklin which rewards players with a unique vehicle
Pre-order $GTA bonus
If you pre-order GTA 5 Remastered then you'll receive GTA$1 million total to spend - GTA$500K for story mode and also GTA$500K for GTA Online.
Current-gen Character Transfer
You will be able to transfer your GTA Online character and progression over from the current Xbox 360 or PS3 version of the game to the new remastered version of GTA 5 if you wish. This will be carried out via the Rockstar Social Club.
Screenshots and current-gen comparisons
These screenshots are from the Playstation 4 version of the game (click each for an enlarged version). If you want to see some comparisons between the current-gen and next-gen versions then check out this post and also this one.
First person mode
First person mode was confirmed by Rockstar Games, and gave players the chance to experience GTA 5 from a new perspective. Perspective affects gameplay in a number of ways, so Rockstar implemented a number Aim Assist settings allowing you to tweak the experience. These include the following:
- Free Aim (Aim Assist Off)
- Assisted Free Aim
- Partially Assisted Aim
- Fully Assisted Aim