- The much-anticipated Los Santos Summer Special update for Grand Theft Auto Online is here, featuring a series of six co-op missions at sea.
- Aiming to make play more enjoyable, Rockstar has introduced new tracks and maps for existing modes, expanded the vehicle catalogue with 15 new rides and added two new arcades.
- Updates also bring tweaks and fixes such as new Pegasus spawn locations and increased property limit.
Bringing a host of new vehicles, a bunch of new activities and expansions to existing game modes, this DLC is just the thing for you if you've been hurting to try something new in GTA Online.
The brand new content included in Los Santos Summer Special is a series of 6 sea-faring co-op missions that can be played either solo or with a group of up to 4 players, including you. To launch these missions, you need to have a Galaxy Superyacht where Captain Brendan D’arcy will introduce you to the new missions.
Trying out new content is its own reward, but Rockstar is sweetening the deal this week. These yacht missions are paying out double RP and GTA$ through the 19th of August, and if you manage to host and complete the full series of 6 missions, you'll also unlock an exclusive naval outfit.
A number of activities already available in GTA Online also got a selection of new tracks and maps for you and your squad to explore. Business Battles can be waged in two new locales - an aircraft carrier out at sea, or in a fortified factory. Trying out these new maps carries added incentive - winning any Business Battle between now and the 19th will earn you the Pink Dot Mesh mask.
Joining the ranks of the Bunker Series that transplants fan favorite Adversary Modes into new environments, the Diamond Adversary Series sets 8 popular PvP modes within the opulent Diamond Casino & Resort, including Slasher, Hardest Target and more. Earn double rewards by playing the Diamond Adversary Series playlist this week!
Open Wheel Races also got a new infusion of content. 9 new tracks bring the break-neck competitions to all-new environments like the Land Act Damn and the Alternates Windfarm - and once you got bored of those, try your hand at the Open Wheel Race Creator! All Rockstar made tracks pay out double rewards this week. The selection of vehicles to be used during Open Wheel Races has also doubled.
Speaking of new vehicles the Los Santos Summer Special buffs out the vehicle library of GTA Online with 15 all new rides, including the two open wheel racers. The full list of new vehicles is as follows:
- Imponte Beater Dukes
- Albany Manana Custom
- Bravado Gauntlet Classic Custom
- Declasse Yosemite Rancher
- Canis Seminole Frontier
- Bravado Youga Classic 4X4
- Dundreary Landstalker XL
- Benefactor Glendale Custom
- BF Club
- Maibatsu Penumbra FF
- Benefactor BR8
If you're looking for a bit of escapism from a life of crime, head over to your Arcade Property where two new arcades are available for purchase. The classic QUB3D is making a return, and you can also go fully medieval with Axe of Fury. Solo players can now also play Street Crimes: Gang Wars alone against AI opponents.
When out and about in the world, keep an eye out for any misplaced movie props. Solomon Richards was recently robbed and is willing to handsomely reward anyone who can recover all 10 pieces of his collection. You might also run into some new ambient events that have been added to the game. This update also added a whole lot of new clothing items to GTA Online, so you can further customize your character!
The Los Santos Summer Special doesn't only bring content, but fixes too. Rockstar outlined several of these major quality of life improvements, but dozens of smaller behind-the-scenes tweaks all contribute to a smoother play experience.
- Driving in the wrong direction, or staying in one place during Open Wheel Races ghosts the player to others.
- The Property limit is now 8
- Personal Vehicles can be returned to storage from the interaction menu
- Repeatedly pressing the accelerator before a race will no longer provide a speed boost
- More Pegasus spawn locations have been added
- Entering the Diamond automatically shows the Lucky Wheel cooldown
To make the most of all those double reward bonuses applied to new content, a bunch of discounts are also live in GTA Online. Yachts, Yacht upgrades, Drone Stations, Arcades, Arcade upgrades and Benny's Vehicle upgrades are all 30% off this week, while Large Garages are 40% to help you fit all those new vehicles.
See you in Los Santos!