- Peyote Plants in GTA 5 are collectibles that transform players into animals upon consumption.
- The game features 27 unique Peyote Plants, hidden across diverse locations from Downtown Los Santos to the outskirts of Tataviam Mountains.
- Once a Peyote Plant is consumed, it disappears permanently; players should save before consuming to revisit the experience.
- This is our guide to all the peyote locations in the story mode of GTA 5. If you want to know them for GTA Online click here.
- In addition to the guide below, our interactive map shows all the peyote plant locations as well.
In the remastered versions of GTA 5, Peyote plants are hidden across the map. If you eat one of these plants, your character will hallucinate that he is an animal. This will then put you in control of that animal.
Once you eat a particular plant, it is gone forever, so create a save right beforehand if you want to do it again.
- Plant #1 – Go to the outskirts of Downtown Los Santos, and look for a pot on a porch.
- Plant #2 – Search for the plant in the grassy area in the southeast section of the map.
- Plant #3 – This one is underwater, just west of the Port of South Los Santos.
- Plant #4 – Roughly between South Los Santos and La Puerta, look for it near a fence.
- Plant #5 – Go to the southwest corner of the map, outside of Los Santos International Airport, and look near some machinery.
- Plant #6 – Go to the southwest coast, northwest of Los Santos International Airport, and look for it in a pot by a house.
- Plant #7 – Across from the 6th plant, search the water along the coast.
- Plant #8 – To the northwest of Vinewood, search for the plant in a pot on a roof, behind a larger potted plant.
- Plant #9 – Look near the large stones to the east of Vinewood Hills.
- Plant #10 – North of Vinewood Hills, the plant is hidden in tall grass and bushes.
- Plant #11 – To the southwest of the 10th plant, you can find this one sitting among rocks and dirt.
- Plant #12 – Between Tongva Valley and Tongva Hills, this plant waits on a large rock above the water.
- Plant #13 – This plant is underwater just off the west coast about midway down the map.
- Plant #14 – Look on the slope of Mount Josiah.
- Plant #15 – Look for a rocky slope east of Raton Canyon.
- Plant #16 – This one is underwater in the northwest corner of the Alamo Sea.
- Plant #17 – North of Raton Canyon, look for this one on a high plateau.
- Plant #18 – Climb Mount Chiliad to find the next plant.
- Plant #19 – This one is underwater off of the northern coast, just slightly to the west.
- Plant #20 – Go to Paleto Bay and search around some bushes near a bench.
- Plant #21 – Between Mount Chiliad and Braddock Pass, this plant is on a high slope.
- Plant #22 – Look near the water west of Mount Gordo.
- Plant #23 – This one is underwater off the east coast, somewhat above the middle of the map.
- Plant #24 – Southeast of the Grand Senora Desert, you can find this one near some trailer homes.
- Plant #25 – In the desert, near Harmony, this plant is hidden in with some shrubs.
- Plant #26 – South of the Grand Senora Desert, look on a rocky slope.
- Plant #27 – The final plant is by a bush on a small island along the southeast section of the coast, east of the Tataviam Mountains.
- Bonus: Sasquatch/Bigfoot Peyote Plant – Check out this full guide on how to find the Sasquatch Peyote.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are Peyote Plants in GTA 5?
In GTA 5, Peyote Plants are collectible items that, when eaten, temporarily transform you into a random animal.
What does a Peyote Plant look like in GTA 5?
Peyote Plants resemble small cacti or succulent plants with a pale green or grayish color. They have a unique shape and texture, often featuring several bulbous sections stacked on top of each other, with white or pinkish flowers on top.
How many Peyote Plants are in GTA 5?
There are 27 Peyote Plants scattered around GTA 5.
Where are the Peyote plants in GTA 5?
The 27 Peyote Plants in GTA 5 are distributed across different locations in the game. These locations include areas in Los Santos, Vinewood Hills, Paleto Bay, the mountains, and the desert, among others. For a comprehensive guide to the specific locations of Peyote Plants, along with detailed map images and descriptions, refer to the article above.
Can you eat Peyote Plants in GTA Online?
Yes, since 2019, Peyote Plants have been made available as a seasonal feature in GTA Online. This means that players can eat Peyote Plants and experience their unique animal transformations in the online multiplayer mode of the game, similar to the experience in the single-player mode. However, it's important to note that the availability of Peyote Plants in GTA Online is limited, as it is tied to specific seasonal events or updates.