We’ve got brand new details of the remastered version of Grand Theft Auto V thanks to a NeoGaf user “The Shogun” attending a demo event and then leaking some details! It’s fair to say that the info he’s spilled has everyone pumped for the next-gen and PC releases of the game!
The leaked info comes via a closed-door demonstration recently held at the GameStop Manager Conference in Anaheim, California. At the 45 minute demo, Rockstar demo’ed the Playstation 4 version of the game, which is running at 1080p and by all accounts “looking insane”. Read on for more tidbits…
- Foliage has been completely reworked. Tree barks been redone, individual grass blades, wild flowers etc. This applies to underwater areas as well. Completely reworked coral reefs and underwater plants.
- Draw distance now is INSANE. One example they showed us was the main city at night. They showed it on PS3 first amd showed us how all lighting at a distance was pre baked. In the remaster its all pre loaded in real time and is dynamic. You can see lights and traffic flow from massive distances.
- Water rendering system has been completely redone. Rivers / Ocean / rain are gorgeous
- No release date given. They simply said soon.
- Animal texture work has been 100% re done.
- Anti Aliasing looked great with little to no jaggies. Looked 1080p to me. It was demoed on PS4.
- Promised “new” content. One example was new songs / soundtrack / radio stations.
- Character models have been improved for sure.
- Street detail is massively improved. Rain water now pools up on the road and honestly reminded me of Infamous Second Sons wet roads.
- Animal and Wildlife count has been upped. They specifically mentioned how much they learned from Red Dead Remption and the original GTA5 and wanted to improve animal interactions even more.
- Animals now sport actual fur. As in strands of hair that stick out from the actual body not just flat textures like in the original release.
- I believe this has been in development since before GTA5s actual release as they said its been heavily worked on for over a year. Believe me you can tell. This is a complete remaster not just an uprezzed port. A huge chunk of staff have to be working on this.
Key take-outs for us aside from all the graphical goodness: no release date as yet, just “soon” and it runs at 1080p. Now we really can’t wait!