Ultimate GTA Online Heists Guide


HEIST HIGHLIGHT VIDEOS

Payout Distribution

Heists are unfortunately the scenes of much of the trolling and griefing in the game.

Some players join heists just to mess with their team-mates. Some go to the effort of legitimately helping through all of the setup missions and much of the finale just to screw it all up for everyone in the last moment. However, many such players don't go into the heist with the intention of ruining it all.

Sometimes they're ticked off by the allocation of the heist's payout, which they think is unfair. The guide has been adapted from and is based on the work of Steam user and GTA Online player Old Billy Riley, so props to him for putting all this together. You can check out the original guide here.

Each heist in GTA Online comes with a set-up fee that the host has to pay upfront and is never refunded. If the team fails, if someone quits, then the host basically loses that cash. Each heist is preceded by a few setup missions that need to be completed before the finale can be initiated. These setup missions have small payouts for the team members, but the host receives no reward for their completion.

The percentage allocation should be done with this in mind, seeing as the host only gets anything out of the finale, while the members are rewarded for the set-ups. The idea is to allocate cash in such a way that in the end everyone gets a fair share out of the whole heist, not just the finale.

Usually, this will leave a small extra amount of cash which can then be distributed in whatever which way the host likes. Either give it to a member who displayed exceptional performance during the missions, distribute it among everyone or keep it for your self.

The guide will assume that the finale and all the setup missions for each heist are played on the same difficulty.

Technically, player may change the difficulty in between missions, however putting together accurate calculations for each and every possible permutation is way too much work. Now, if you'd rather just see a basic rundown of how to distribute funds without reading through all the explanations, the below table provides the fair numbers for each heist, based on the payouts of the Normal difficulty setting.

The numbers do change in some cases based on difficulty, and if you're interested in the run-down of how these numbers were calculated, feel free to keep on reading!

Optimal Heist Payouts

Cut The Fleeca Job Prison Break The Humaine Labs Raid Series A Funding The Pacific Standard Job
Host 55% 40% 40% 40% 40%
Crew 45% 20% 20% 20% 20%
Bonus 0% 0% 0% 0% 0%

First of all, let's get some etiquette out of the way: If you've been in on the heist since the start, you've been getting payouts from the setup missions, and therefore the host deserves a higher cut. If you've only joined in on the finale, then you haven't contributed nearly as much as the others, especially the host, and therefore the host, again, deserves a higher cut. We'll start with the shortest and easiest heist first and work our way up.

Before we get into the numbers, it is important to note that the %cut values for the host also consider the total setup cost. The total setup percentage is added as a percentage of the final reward of the respective difficulty level.

Here's an example to help you understand it better. The setup cost for the Fleeca Job is $11,450. The final payout on easy difficulty is $99,750. This makes setup cost 11.48% of the final payment on easy difficulty. Now, all the members involved in the heist setup missions will receive the payment except the host. This means the host must increase their share percentage to make up for the lost payment.

This is done by adding the lost setup cost percentage to the setup cost percentage. There is only one heist setup mission for the Fleeca Job (the intro setup mission is not included as it does not pay anything). The setup mission payout on easy difficulty mode is $6,555. In terms of percentage is it only 6.57% of the final heist payment.

Now we add the 11.48% setup cost percentage and the lost payment percentage of 6.57% to get a total 18.05%. If you look at the Fleeca Job table, that is exactly what we did. We added the total setup cost percentage, which is 18.05% in our case, to the 40% rest of the share to make up 60%. This means the host is only making 40% in reality, while on paper it looks like they are making 60%. The rest of the 40% goes to the player who accompanies you in the heist finale. This evenly distributes the pay between the two players.

The Fleeca Job

heist2

  • Heist Finale Payout:
    • Easy: $100,625
    • Normal: $201,250
    • Hard: $251,562
  • Heist Setup Mission Payout:
    • Easy: $6,555
    • Normal: $13,110
    • Hard: $16,388
% Cut Easy Normal Hard
Host 18.05+40 = 60% 12.20+45 = 55% 11.09+45 = 55%
Crew 40% 45% 45%
Excess 0% 0% 5%

Prison Break

GTA-Online-heists-screenshot-13

  • Heist Finale Payout:
    • Easy: $350,000
    • Normal: $700,000
    • Hard: $875,000
  • Heist Setup Mission Payout:
    • Easy: $11,400
    • Normal: $22,800
    • Hard: $28,500
% Cut Easy Normal Hard
Host 20.17+20 = 40% 16.60+20 = 35% 15.89+20 = 35%
Crew 20% 20% 20%
Excess 0% 5% 5%

The Humane Labs Raid

GTA-Online-heists-screenshot-7

  • Heist Finale Payout:
    • Easy: $472,500
    • Normal: $945,000
    • Hard: $1,181,250
  • Heist Setup Mission Payout:
    • Easy: $15,390
    • Normal: $30,780
    • Hard: $38,475
% Cut Easy Normal Hard
Host 21.58+20 = 40% 18.93+20 = 40% 18.40+20 = 40%
Crew 20% 20% 20%
Excess 0% 0% 0%

Series A Funding

GTA-Online-heists-screenshot-4

  • Heist Finale Payout:
    • Easy: $353,500
    • Normal: $707,000
    • Hard: $883,750
  • Heist Setup Mission Payout:
    • Easy: $11,514
    • Normal: $23,028
    • Hard: $28,785
% Cut Easy Normal Hard
Host 23.36+15 = 40% 19.82+20 = 40% 19.11+20 = 40%
Crew 15% 20% 20%
Excess 15% 0% 0%

The Pacific Standard Job

Things are a bit more complex when it comes to the game's biggest and toughest heist. This is as hard as GTA Online ever can get, nothing so far has managed to eclipse it in terms of difficulty. An added problem here is that in the finale, the bounty is carried out in duffle bags by the heist members. Thing is, if anyone carrying a bag takes damage, they lose some of the cash.

As such, it is pretty difficult to get the full payout from the heist. There exists the Kuruma-method, wherein the nearby apartment can be used to acquire one of the member's armored vehicles with which it is possible to get almost all of the cash out. However, not every player is familiar with this. A good tactic here is to have one player carry the whole take, lowering the chances of taking damage. Of course, the other members have to protect the carrier with everything they have.

Old Billy Riley has drafted up three success tiers to account for all situations.

  • Heist Finale Payout:
    • Easy: Up to $750,000
    • Normal: Up to $1,500,000
      • Bad run: $750,000 (50% of potential take)
      • Average run: $1,050,000 (70% of potential take)
      • Good run: $1,200,000 (80% of potential take)
    • Hard: Up to $1,875,000
  • Heist Setup Mission Payout:
    • Easy: $15,567
    • Normal: $31,350
    • Hard: $39,188
% Cut Easy (100% - $750K) Easy (70% - $525K) Normal (Bad - $750K) Normal (Avg - $1,050K) Normal (Good - $1,200K) Hard (70% - $1,312K Hard (100% - $1,875K)
Host 13.78+20 = 35% 19.69+20 = 40% 24.23+15 = 40% 17.31+20 = 35% 15.15+20 = 35% 16.83+20 = 35% 11.78+20 = 30%
Crew 20% 20% 15% 20% 20% 20% 20%
Excess 5% 0% 15% 5% 5% 5% 10%

More important than anything in heists is proper etiquette towards your team mates. The host is putting up a lot that could be lost for this heist, so you should never bitch about getting what you feel is a low cut if it conforms with this guide. Messing up an otherwise solid heist run on purpose is about as bad as hacking when looking at the online-asshole scale in GTA Online. These heists take time, skill and effort to complete. They're as much an investment as a way of gaining cash in-game.

This is an original guide created by GTA BOOM. Review our full research, verification and publishing process here.

Aron Gerencser
Aron is responsible for the bulk of the news posts that you'll find on GTA BOOM each and every day. He loves getting involved with the community and is an avid fan of all things Rockstar Games. His journey with the franchise began with GTA 2 back when it was new (all the way back in 1999), and he was a gamer even before then. Graduating summa cum laude from Università degli Studi Guglielmo Marconi with a BA in Media Production, Aron has been a game journalist since 2014. When not writing, editing or playing, Aron is building models which you can find on Instagram.